sunny Forum Index sunny
fashion and shopping

guccikarenmillen 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is 1-0 with a 4.35 ERA in four car

View previous topic :: View next topic  
douhua2233

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: is 1-0 with a 4.35 ERA in four car Reply with quote

– The Vikings would have traveled anywhere to play in their first Super Bowl since 1977.

This year Adidas Mikko Rantanen Jersey , though, the game is in their stadium. They won’t be in it.

”I mean, we would’ve loved to play in the Super Bowl if it was in China,” coach Mike Zimmer said Sunday night after the Philadelphia Eagles humbled Minnesota 38-7 for the NFC championship. ”But we didn’t play good enough to win. I know that’s cliché, but it’s true.

”We have to give them a lot of credit, they played great on defense, played good on offense. Some of our strengths they attacked on third downs, which was one of our strengths all along. They got after us tonight.”

Sure did. After the Vikings (14-4) took a 7-0 lead on the game’s opening drive, it was all Philadelphia (15-3). One place the Eagles dominated was third downs, converting 10 of 14 against the league leader on defense in that category.

Two of those conversions were for touchdowns on Nick Foles’ passes to Alshon Jeffery for 53 and 5 yards.

Was Zimmer surprised by how his team couldn’t handle such situations?

”No. Actually most of the things they did, we practiced,” he said. ”They ran them just a little better than we covered them.”

Well, a lot better.

Philly also won the turnover battle 3-0, another significant contribution to one of Minnesota’s worst playoff defeats.

”One of the things we preached coming in was turnovers,” said Case Keenum, who threw a pick-6 to Patrick Robinson that tied the game 7-7 and began the Eagles onslaught.

”They took care of the football and we didn’t. We were still winning at that point, obviously, but we couldn’t execute on the critical situations that we needed to on third downs or scoring in the red zone.”

The outcome pretty much was decided by halftime, when it was 24-7. Philadelphia was winning in the trenches, the Vikings couldn’t cover tight end Zach Ertz, and the secondary was torched for a 53-yard TD catch by Alshon Jeffery and a 41-yarder by Torrey Smith.

It all made for a long night two weeks before Minneapolis hosts the Super Bowl that the Eagles and Patriots now have reached.

”They’re all hard to swallow,” Keenum said of the loss. ”Once you get a game away from playing in the Super Bowl, that’s going to be hard to swallow. The way it happened, I mean, they played really well and we didn’t. It’s unfortunate.”

Zimmer praised his team’s performance this season, and rightfully so. For portions of the schedule, the Vikings were as good as anyone Adidas Seth Jones Jersey , particularly on defense, where they allowed a league-low 252 points.

But they also were extremely fortunate to get to the NFC title game, winning on a last-play 61-yard TD pass to Stefon Diggs.

”I love this football team, they’re great kids, great competitors,” Zimmer said. ”I love how they go about their business. I love everything about this football team. I love the organization. We just didn’t get it done tonight.

”I’m not going to grade anybody’s performance tonight. I think there’s a lot of performances that could’ve been a lot better, including myself.”

German Marquez, like the Colorado Rockies, has been much better on the road than at home this season.

The right-hander will try to pitch the Rockies to another road series win on Thursday afternoon against the Philadelphia Phillies. Vince Velasquez will start for the Phillies in the rubber match of a three-game set at Citizens Bank Park.

Marquez (4-6, 4.79 ERA) has a 7.71 ERA in seven home starts and opponents have a .989 OPS against him at hitter-friendly Coors Field. In six starts on the road, however, Marquez owns a 2.06 ERA, 1.086 WHIP and an .606 opponent on-base-plus-slugging percentage.

Marquez is coming off an especially bad home outing. He gave up three home runs in the third inning against the Arizona Diamondbacks (one each for Paul Goldschmidt, Jake Lamb and David Peralta) last Friday and was charged with five runs in four innings of work.

“The pitches were up,” Colorado manager Bud Black told mlb.com of Marquez. “You look at the inning he gave up three homers … those are pitches that hitters can elevate. If they square them up, they’re going to go out of the park.”

Marquez, 23, has faced the Phillies once. He earned a win by allowing just one run in six innings on May 23, 2017, at Citizens Bank Park.

The Rockies improved their road record to 22-15 with an 7-2 win on Wednesday night in Philadelphia. However, Colorado (33-34) is still under .500 because the team is 11-19 at home.

The Phillies have won 21 of their 33 home games but need a win on Thursday to finish 3-3 on their six-game homestand. Gabe Kapler’s team is 3-8 in June and has not won a series in three weeks.

Velasquez (4-7, 4.95 ERA) pitched in the Phillies’ first game of the homestand, and he had one of the worst starts of his career. The 26-year-old gave up a career-high 10 runs on nine hits in just 3 2/3 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers last Friday. Velasquez’s season ERA jumped up by more than a run in the brief outing.

“When he came out, the velocity was down a little bit,” Kapler told mlb.com after Velasquez’s last start. “The stuff didn’t quite look crisp coming out of his hand. We were talking about it on the bench and wondering if he just wasn’t going to have his stuff.”

Velasquez is 1-0 with a 4.35 ERA in four career starts against the Rockies. He has 23 strikeouts in 20 2/3 innings against the team.

Velasquez will have to deal with a red-hot Trevor Story on Thursday. Colorado’s shortstop extended his hitting streak to seven games on Wednesday night with a 3-for-5 performance that featured two doubles and two RBIs.

Story has had five straight multi-hit games and is hitting .467 during the seven-game streak. The third-year major leaguer has raised his batting average by 27 points and his OPS by 68 points in the last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sunny Forum Index -> Test Forum 1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: